Thursday, August 13, 2009

Children Are Starving In...

China. Not so here. Defrosting the iceberg that had formed in the bottom of "one" of my freezers opened my stupidly shut eyes to a real mess.

We are food hoarders. Not cool. Especially when you realize, at some point, you must consolidate a few things in emergencies and may not have the space to store everything. Like when a freezer breaks down.

Every trip I made to another freezer embarrassed me more.


Especially when these demons kept falling out repeatedly...

Does anyone besides me notice the 'trend of frozen treats'? I am not amused.

And as I scoped the frozen tundras I noticed some equally stocked shelves...

Seriously, we need to do something about this.
and this...

The challenge is on. I am making a pact (with myself) that I am not going to buy anything but bread, milk, cheese and sandwich meat until these wastelands whither to a more acceptable storehouse. Wish me luck folks. My family is NOT going to be pleased.

2 comments:

Debbiy said...

I only counted six cartons of ice cream....

Just A Girl said...

I want to jump through the computer screen and eat all that ice cream. Let me say that that would never be allowed to happen in my house. One gallon lasts about three days!