Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Well the winds are calm for now and I'm enjoying the solitude and freedom from keeping water boiled and ready. It's been an interesting week. God has been good!

  1. Thank you God that my family has survived snow storm after snow storm with no incidents.
  2. Thank you God for keeping our electric on so we would have heat and amenities by which we have been so spoiled.
  3. Thank you God that my company has given us a generous amount of time in which to repay the leave we've had to use due to the weather.
  4. Thank you God that "the law" has been kept safe while on duty. (Please keep him safe and awake as he works another unexpected 12 hour shift tonight)
  5. Thank you God that my kids have gotten along extremely well.
  6. Thank you God that I have a day without snow so I may get my hubby his well-deserved Carvel ice cream cake--for his birthday.
  7. God thank you for bringing my son home safe today so he could help shovel out the drive so we'll be well prepared to get in and out to work and such.
  8. Thank you God for a wonderful brother who has worked tirelessly to shovel everyone out and somehow still find time to play with our lonely dog.
  9. Thank you God for family close by so we can run back and forth between homes when we need an egg or butter, or hand soap with shea for tiny cracked fingers.
  10. Thank you God that I am making good use of my time. Not gorging on food but cleaning and sorting and throwing and giving.
Thank you God for the many blessings you have given me. I do not take any of them lightly.

No comments: