Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

It's been a pretty busy week around here. Scrambling to get the house in order after a house full of people. Tell me, how is it a house just goes to pieces when the kids are home from school for a while? I'll tell you what. I feel for you homeschoolers. I don't know that my house could outlast my kids were they home all day.

I'm blessed though. And I am here to tell you so! Not in a bragging sort of way though. To God be the glory!
  1. Thankfully blessed in being able to get in all of my hours at work this week--even with a few shorter than expected days. Only 12 hours to go to make up for the snow! Woot Woot!
  2. Thankful that I completed my performance evaluation. I dread that every year. I beg to be a pauper rather than have to think of things to say about myself. Just weirds me out.
  3. Thankful for friends who care enough about me to fuss when they think I should make appointments with people I'd rather not make appointments with. Alex, I will, before the end of 2009 I WILL listen to you. I will. I'd promise but I kid you not, I heard on my bible podcast that God tells us just to say, "I will. Not promise or swear or anything." (That could get me out of SOOOOO many commitments don'tcha think?)
  4. Thankful that, save a few flakes here and there, we did not get more dumps of snow. I'm pretty ready for it to turn my lawn back to it's well nourished green.
  5. Thankful that I'm getting the hang of things at work and still loving it. EVERY SINGLE DAY I'm thankful for that.
  6. Thankful that my car is still holding up.
  7. Thankful for smarty pants friends who convince me that my car will hold up.
  8. Thankful that my favorite little girl is getting an opportunity to learn self-defense in school. She's having a great time too!
  9. Thankful that my mood is perking up and that currently I'm not having great feelings of being overwhelmed. (Praying hard that those feelings will stay)
  10. Last but not least so very thankful for the future pilot. My baby. Who really isn't a baby but will always be MY baby. He was born just five short years ago today and, though I was scared as heck to find out I was carrying him, I could not imagine a world with out the delight he has given me.
Thank you Jesus
You give so much to please us.
A thoughtful Father
Giving as no other.
Thank you so much
for everything that You touch.
Everything around me
So much pleasure to see.
May I never stop gazing
On Your love. So amazing!

No comments: