Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Yes, I am alive. I am still around. Lurking. In the darkness. Contemplating life and enjoying my family. Cleaning my house. Trying to stay sane. I've kind of hit a blog snag and am at the road where I'm asking myself if I should continue this or not. I've let it consume me at times and that has been weighing heavy on my heart.

I was out of town for a bit but it IS Thursday and I do have it in me to post today.


1. As I entered my car this morning and flicked on the windshield wipers to erase the morning dew I saw this...
And considering I was still mustering the courage to trudge on to work this "V" for victory made me smile and thank God for hope (and victory) in conquering the day.

2. I'm thankful for friends who listen to me when I whine about falling off the wagon and resolve me to get back on with a good old fashioned weight-loss challenge. Thanks friends!

3. Actually thankful that I spent way too much time focusing on a task at work today which caused me to miss the main course of my lunch. (Makes me able to eat this less guiltily.
4. Thankful that I have energy enough to do a few loads of laundry out so I won't be stuck indoors the whole weekend.

5. Thankful that my kids are happily playing together with Legos. Well two different sets of Legos NEXT to each other. Hey. Baby steps.

6. Thankful that I have yet to decide on what kind of car to buy so I have yet to have a car payment.

7. Oh and I should say I'm thankful my lovely vehicle is still alive and kickin' and getting me to where I need to go.

8. Thankful for crevices such as these that cause delight and awe in eyes of all size.

9. Oh so very thankful for fresh garden produce! This is all that is left of two nice zucchini and two summer squashes. They were delish! I wanted to roast it all but the kids insisted they make zucchini bread with their Grandma. Who was I to argue since it's THEIR garden?


10. Thankful that we have had several days without rain in which to enjoy nice visits on the patio swing.


Thank you God,
You're the One,
Who makes my life
so much fun.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Great pics and great post!

Just A Girl said...

I hope you don't stop blogging. You're my internet neighbor now, you know. Anyway, what is that awesome looking pie? Gaw-lee, that looks good. I'm right there with you on the blog thing. I've been inconsistent. It's hard to balance it all. Hmmm, we'll see.