Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fitness Update

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure." --Colin Powell

Preparation has always been one of my hardest tasks when dieting. It goes without saying that trying to shave off a good chunk of your physical being is going to be work. I'm still working on learning from failure. I can't exactly say what has happened in the past to cause me to give up the fight to lose the weight. Each time I've given up I had been losing. It's odd. I just gave up. I'm striving to stay focused and positive this time around. Learning that preparation is key and this isn't going to be a cake walk. Quite literally. (More like a celery stalk--heheh)

Week one ended yesterday. The results:

1. Weight to lose before I reach my goal - 38.8 34 pounds
2. This week's mini health goal - take my vitamins every day - CHECK (6/7 days was pretty good I think)
3. This week's spiritual health commitment - begin daily audio bible podcast - CHECK...loving it!
4. This week's mini mental health commitment - encouraging letters to 2 individuals - Hmm. room for improvement. No letters.

Goals for this week:

1. Weight to lose before I reach my goal - 34 pounds
2. Mini health goal - 3 30 minute workouts
3. This week's spiritual health commitment - continue podcast
4. Mini mental health commitment - work on removing negative comments about my weight to others.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Good luck with #4, you're always too hard on yourself. Love the header image, too!

Debbiy said...

go. Go. GO GIRL!!!

Just A Girl said...

Awesome week! Keep going. Write the letters. They're priceless to the ones who receive them.