Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I can't believe we've almost finished up our first week of the new year. It is just zipping by. I almost forgot to post because I'm getting my days all mixed up. Nonetheless, THANKFUL. As Louise L. Hay once said (in one of the best ways)...

“I find that the more willing I am to be grateful for the small things in life, the bigger stuff just seems to show up from unexpected sources, and I am constantly looking forward to each day with all the surprises that keep coming my way!”

I AM THANKFUL!!!...
  1. For podcasts. Especially the Daily Audio Bible. I hope it counts as reading the word because I'm getting a lot out of it!
  2. For self control, especially when office-mates try to peddle their delectable high calorie goods my way.
  3. For a car that starts even when it's quite chilly out.
  4. For a daughter who loves to cook--and Paula Deen for publishing "My First Cookbook". It's been a true gift to our family.
  5. That "the law" is home tonight so I may have help with bedding down the kids.
  6. For the upcoming weekend and a completely free Saturday with nothing on the agenda to rouse me from sleep until I am good and ready.
  7. For work that continues to challenge my brain and build my self-esteem as I learn to step out in faith.
  8. For humility to ask questions when I'm afraid to step out at all.
  9. For a wonderful family that touches me in many different ways.
  10. That my sister and her family got to see a huge snow storm in England this week! Though I am sort of jealous that she has energy to go and build snowmen with her boys at 130am HER time. (Still...GLAD for their winter wonderland)

1 comment:

Mainly a midwife said...

Love, love, love that header photo. And good for you on #2 (the self control). I struggle with that..but I'm working on it.