Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Wow, I can't believe the amount of comments I moderated today! It was a record for me! Seven! It's funny how things like that seem to happen just when I start thinking no one is reading and I should stop blogging. I know I've been sporadic in my postings but I just can't post when I don't feel like it. (Makes me meaner than a snake-SSSSS!) Not really but well, stress isn't good. ;)

I digress. Back to the topic. Reasons I am thankful...
  1. "the law" took my fave lil girl out shopping for a new coat. (She managed to break the zippers on the coat I bought her just this season (two layers, mind you, = TWO broken zippers))
  2. "the law" is taking also grabbing a bite to eat with her. Thank you Jesus that I do not have to a)figure out what he wants to eat b)fix his meal and c)pray he tolerates it and d)clean up after anyone
  3. that due to 1 and 2 I will not have to break up any Wii fights tonight.
  4. that I get to bask in the peacefulness of a tranquil home after have one of those days where I wanted to call and say I was never coming home.
  5. that my mortgage can be paid over the phone.
  6. that I was able to avoid bagels in my morning staff meeting this morning even though this "precious" co-worker felt the need to continually nudge me ALL during the meeting with the other half of his double chocolate chip bagel.
  7. that because I was able to avoid the bagels and my spinach salad didn't taste as good on day 2 that I had extra points for dinner--and that eating a Trader Joe's Mussaman Curry Chicken frozen meal that I had calculated to be 8 points left me full and scared that maybe I miscalculated. (It tasted too good for 8 points but really was. I checked.)
  8. that we are getting some warmer weather tomorrow (mental note to self-sneak out and enjoy it before it dips again)
  9. that I may get to bed on time tonight
  10. for the i-Touch "the law" gave me for Christmas. Funny how I was blessed with two of the three things I had listed as "wants" I wasn't going to cave into. And funny how I'm really thankful now that I did not buy the "new" Sienna since they are changing the body style and features for the 2011 model. More time to think and a sweeter pot.
Thank you Jesus for providing for me. For giving me a way to get closer to you. I thank you for being in control even when I think I'm in the driver's seat. Thank you for your mercy and goodness.

No comments: