Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can't do." --Dennis Waitley

So that's my problem. I spent more time last year concentrating on the shoulda woulda couldn'ts. Well folks this is a new year and since I gained an additional fresh seven pounds while I was overindulging on my holiday, the meatball stops here. Really.

**Warning**
One day a week you will be subjected to my updates. Why? Because this is my blog and I need to blab about it someplace and I don't need anymore paper in my house. Besides lack of handwriting has forced me into instant writer's cramp when I pick up writing utensils.

I'm far too vain to step out and give a starting weight but I do have a goal and I do plan to lose and I do plan to actively participate in this weigh-down regimine. For real this time. Feel free to encourage me--not that you could give an honest observation that my face seems thinner or my jeans aren't making my butt look as big but hey, I'm fine with a few lies. Sometimes that's all I need to get me by.

**Warning**

This year I am going to do it. I can. I will. I am. I can. I will. I am.

1. Weight to lose before I reach my goal - 38.8 pounds
2. This week's mini health goal - take my vitamins every day
3. This week's spirtual health commitment - begin daily audio bible podcast
4. This week's mini mental health commitment - encouraging letters to 2 individuals

Now if you'll excuse me I have some Wii Fit Plus to kick butt in.

2 comments:

Debbiy said...

You go girl!

Just A Girl said...

Well, I've seen your pics from Christmas and I was thinking all along how great you looked! Just do the right thing day by day - not to lose weight, but because it's the right thing to do. Have a healthy new year! : >