Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Heartstrings Pulled

Amid the normal chaos of my life I can not help but feel guilty about any tiny complaint I let escape from my mouth. I have three healthy, beautiful children. I've never stood at their bedside keeping vigil over them, pleading with God to spare their lives. He just always has. I just always picture that He will.

Two precious baby boys I have never met are still struggling against all struggles to remain among us. Stellan, as I have mentioned before is struggling with a heart defect and his followers are huge in numbers. So huge in fact that the media interviewed his mama last night. So huge that a coworker called to tell me she had heard his name mentioned on a local radio station here because I had mentioned him on Facebook. No doubt this baby is a miracle baby and has quite a story to tell us. His mom is pouring out her ongoing testimony of her faith in God and no doubt everyone who visits her blog is being moved by her talents in writing, pictures, and honesty. I want only the best for that baby. For that mother. For that family.

There is another little boy I am praying for two. Again, I've never met him but baby Gavin has a hold of my heart every bit as much as baby Stellan. There are a ton of babies in need among us in the blog world but these are the two that captured my attention and have caused me to plead to God on their behalf daily.

I don't know how much attention Gavin is getting prayer wise. I don't know how many are stepping in to help his family and to assure his mama is taking care of herself so she can remain strong for her tiny son. I want so bad to just shout out to everyone who sees me "Pray for Gavin too!" I don't want to take prayers away from Stellan but oh my goodness how I want Gavin to get the attention Stellan is getting. His little body has gone through so much.

I haven't posted much lately. These little guys have pushed me to focus on my little ones and how much I should appreciate that they are here with me--especially when I feel like packing up and moving far far away from the tantrums, sibling rivalry, finicky palettes, crumbs, and scattered toys. As a mother of a soon to be 21 year old I know that all of this passes much too soon and the wonder of childhood is something you just can't get back. So if you are reading still and have a child. Embrace them. And as you do, send up a prayer for babies Gavin and Stellan.

No comments: