Sunday, April 26, 2009

No, I Don't Run A Daycare...

but one would think I do. Especially if they walked into this room.


If they walked in here and knew I didn't run a daycare they would think I have 17 children.

But no. I don't have 17 children either. I have two. Two that "enjoy" the toys in this room. I quote that because if they are in the vicinity whenever I try to tackle this room they whine and cry and beg me not to make them part with things in it.

I have tried to organize things but there is just too much "stuff". It's a toy explosion and it makes me guilty that I have allowed so much to accumulate here. I have made several trips to Goodwill. Believe me on that one. I also have more bins in the basement but it has become a nightmare. I've also decided that I must pull up my boots and get in there. Amid the gnashing of teeth and cries of small children I must put an end to this. I need to stop trying to organize the madness and just weed it out. (Have I mentioned how much I detest weeding?)

See? I have tried to organize things.

Things just don't stay organized very long. Truthfully all my favorite little girl in the world does in here is play school.

She has deemed it her school room. Take note that in her mind the future pilot is not allowed. But to be clear he is her only student. So the rule is loosely enforced.
Tomorrow is my day off. After I spend a few hours at my little girl's school I will be back here.

I'm going to try and have a merry heart--and not let the cries and gnashing teeth be my own. I am going to try and make this place a place that can be managed. If "I" can't manage it how can I expect two kids to?

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Oooh, I so feel your pain. If I had a nickel for every time I "weeded out" the homeschool room, well...you know. By the way, we have the same play kitchen. It has given us years of use. It is now an outdoor kitchen and is missing most of its pieces, but it is still used as a kitchen, a fort wall and a jumping off spot. Some toys are worth the money.

Liz Harrell said...

What a super cheerful room though! All you need are some tall white shelves and baskets... those are the fix for anything!

ISO (In search of) said...

Jennifer, yes the kitchen was a yardsale find. My sister in law gifted it to me! We are forever in her debt. I agree some toys are worth the money but what to do with all the rest. It seems everything has something attached to it "Grandma gave me this if I throw it out she'll be hurt." "This one when to my first day of school with me." Etc. It could go on forever.

ISO (In search of) said...

Liz, sniff, this sniff sniff used to be sniff MY room. waaaaaaaah