Tuesday, February 24, 2009

34 Dollars

That's what I paid for socks today. 12 pairs of socks. S-O-C-K-S! Does anyone know if they sell insurance for socks? Not cool. My daughter HAD 6 pairs of socks. Well, let me rephrase that. 6 pairs of socks that she would wear. After searching frantically this morning before I went to work I discovered she was down to 2 dirty pair and a clean jilted, mate-less sock. So after work off to the mall I went.

To Stride-Rite.

The

Only

Place

I know of

That sells

Seamless socks for the "sensory" disordered. Believe me until you have one of these children you don't know living. Tags are cut from everything. Cute shirts with faux lace underlays are not purchased. Jeans that hug are not considered. Shirts with appliques are discarded. And socks. Oh...ow...ugh. Socks that have seams are fussed about for hours.

So, question of the day. Does anyone out there know of a store that sells them cheaper? Inquiring, thrifty minds want to know.

1 comment:

Just A Girl said...

Oh my word! You suffer from sock bumps at your house, too? Ethan might just die from sock bumps. He is such a little nerd because he only wears the thin dress socks with his tennis shoes. I feel your pain.