Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday (and a winner)

Before I get to my thankfulness I have some backed up work to do. I had planned on announcing the winner of my very first ever contest on Tuesday and well...I'm a loser of a blogger. PW-Diddly I am not. But hey. What do you expect for free? I have no sponsors. Just a husband who catches me taking all kinds of bizarre pictures and wonders what the heck I am up to, and some kids that need attention. You know what I mean? So. Without further ado.

I picked the winner using a tried and true and very scientific method.








The random generator.


(also known as my favorite little girl in the world)

The many many many many names of contest entrants...and a bowl....
and yea, it's sideways. Because I'm a lazy somebody and have no focus.

The names were folded...

and placed in a bowl.

and the "random generator" scientifically chose...
a contestant winner...
and the winner is...

Thank you all for playing. Debbi, let me know what I should send your way!!!

Now then. I am brimming with thankfulness this week.

- I am thankful that I had a fantastic birthday. Superbowl, church, lunch with my family, and an evening celebration completed this very fine day. And too cute that it started out with the future pilot wanting to massage my feet...
Notice the gloved hand, which I thought was very professional. That is until I discovered that it was the very same glove that my favorite little girl put on her hand to retrieve a marble from the toilet two days before. Needless to say he was "discovered". THANKFULLY before he put his gloved hand on my feet! Yuck!

- I'm very thankful for my favorite first born son and his girlfriend. They brought me this delicious cake!
- I am also thankful to my parents and family for the awesome gifts! (Oh and Dad, the kids are very thankful for the magic bullet as well!--they love milkshakes made in it! It makes awesome protein drinks for ME too!)
- I'm thankful to lil sis who sent me this...
Here is a close up of the base...
Sweet huh?! If you have a sister close by give her a hug, (virtual hugs to all of mine). Heck hug your brothers too. No need to leave them out. Virtuals bros!

- Oh and I am so very thankful that my mom wanted to take me to lunch on Monday for a post birthday gift and thought we should invite my very sweet sister-in-law. For it was THIS day, Monday, that I was told in person by my very sweet sister-in-law that I am going to be the auntie of TWINS in September!!!! Oh happy, thankful day!!!

- On that same day I was thankful for beautiful scenery all around me and very warm temperatures for February. (and that I remembered my camera this time!)
- I am also very thankful that the future pilot has a fast and close friend in his cousin "the happiest baby on the planet".
- I am happy that my husband was home tonight so I didn't have the walk the dog in the frigid air. Brrrr!!!!

- I am thankful that my favorite first born son (and the person who side-swiped his truck) were not injured. And that the damage to his truck was minimal, fixable, and that it was drivable.

- I am thankful for a paycheck. GOD IS GOOD!

I hope you all will take a few minutes to recognize things to be thankful for in your lives.

1 comment:

Debbiy said...

[Sliding in]

WHAT? i won?

I WON?????

Wow!!!

Thank you.

Have your favorite little girl in the world pick for me...will ya????