Friday, February 6, 2009

BATS!!!!!

A friend of mine over at Gitz has a phobia of bats. I thought her post on on bats was hilarious! It reminded me of my very own bat story.

I was in highschool and shared a room with lil sis. Our brothers had a room next to us. We had neighbors over. Friends we had grown up with in our elementary years. They had moved because their father was in the Air Force and they were in town for a visit.

We girls were hanging out in the "girls" room and the boys were trying to annoy the heck out of us. We exited the room long enough to chase them away and then when they came doubling back after us we ran into our room. We locked the door and tried our best to ignore them. Pretty soon things got quiet again and we thought they were probably up to no good and poked our heads out to see if we could catch them trying to play yet another joke on us.

As I walked out of the bedroom door I noticed something on the floor. I looked down and saw a fake bat. I started yelling out to the boys, "Very funny!! I guess you think you are really clever!" No one said anything in fact I didn't even see any of them around. So I called again, "Yea, and now you are going to pretend you aren't there because you are just hoping we will scream or something so you can laugh histerically."

With that last sentence I kicked the "fake" bat. Imagine my horror when the bat FLIPPED OVER and lurched upwards!!!! No, the boys had nothing to do with this. Somehow a bat had made it's way into the basement and was now flying irratically through the lower level!

We all screamed at the top of our lungs and fled the basement. I don't recall who got the bat out of there but I could NOT believe that I had actually kicked it with my flip flopped foot. It makes me shudder just to think about it.

1 comment:

Gitz 'n Jo said...

oh.my.cow.

that bat may have been flying erratically, but right now my heart is beating in the same fashion.

ewwwwwwwwww...