Sunday, February 1, 2009

Today's My Birthday!

Ah yes, relishing in the fact that I made it through another earthly year. I don't plan to do too much today. I'm scheduled for nursery at church. I'll start getting ready soon and head out. They finally combined our infants and toddlers because the infant load has been light (as in none). Most folks hog those snuggly cuddly things up in the sanctuary. I honestly can't blame them though. Nothing feels quite like holding one in your arms.

After that I'll be cooking in the kitchen. Making a few things for the Super Bowl. I'm about the food. Not the game. Oh and I do try to catch the commercials. So on the menu...sausage queso dip and chips, stuffed jalapenos, guacamole, chicken wings (and whatever my husband decides to add at the last minute). My favorite first born son and his girlfriend will be making an appearance once she gets off work. They are going to be a very welcome addition. THEY are bringing the cake!!!!

I also have a couple of presents waiting to be opened. That will be for tomorrow's post. I'm also going to hold my VERY first blog contest!!! Why? BECAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I DON'T LIKE RECEIVING PRESENTS WITHOUT GIVING THEM!!

So how shall you enter my very first contest? All you have to do is comment and tell me your most favorite birthday memory ever. That's it. Just tell me the favorite gift you ever received or the favorite thing you ever did. A random winner will be chosen. Contest entries close on 11:59 EST on Monday evening. The winner will receive a 25 dollar gift card to their choice of the Cheese Cake Factory--a place of which I dream about but still have never been, or Barnes and Nobles Bookstore because I happen to think there is nothing better than a good read.

Good luck and have a blessed day!

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

A few days before my birthday, in 2007, I found out that I was pregnant with Nicole. We didn't want to tell anyone right away because we wanted to make sure everything looked good at our first appointment. So my birthday was finally here and Gordon and I couldn't wait much longer to share our news. I called my family giving THEM the present...the news of a new addition to the family. It was extra special since Nicole was going to be the first grandchild and great grandchild on my side of the family.

Debbiy said...

A couple of days after my 3rd birthday my parents came home with my present.

You.

My favorite birthday memory(ies) really are the ones when we celebrated together. And how many heart-shaped cakes did we share?

The best birthday EVER?

Seeing Beaches with Nathan cradled in your arms...and sometimes mine.

Just A Girl said...

Happy Birthday!I can't remember which birthday this was, but my Mama hid my present, a baby blue bike from Sears, in the barn. I accidentally found it the morning of my birthday. I was so, so excited. All my birthdays are great.

Gitz 'n Jo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Babe!!! Hope you had a great day and enjoyed the good Super Bowl food :)

Mainly a midwife said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It was nice of Bruce Springstein to put on a concert for you!