Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It Was As Easy As That

Lately I've been feeling guilty because I don't "play" with my kids much. Oh sure we go swimming sometimes. I push them on the swing. There is the occasional board game. But I don't play with them much.

Today that was on my mind a lot. Probably because the future pilot was asking me repeatedly ALL DAY LONG yesterday to play video games with him. I don't really get into video games. They frustrate me and I get all jittery. I have visions of a Wii controller lodged in the wall should it connect with my hand. Dear ones you have been warned.

So as I was saying it was on my mind. At work. Where work should have been on my mind. But I miss my kids and wish I was home with them on a regular basis. So I vowed the next time the future pilot asked me, I would play video games with him. This happened about 10 minutes after I got in the door tonight.

For this session his game of choice was Mario. Nope Mario is not dead people. The future pilot happens to be a big fan too.

He loves the game. He loves Mario.

Get a load of those pajamas (forget that he's been in them all day--this kid's a home body)

(Close up of the pj's in case you didn't notice)
So I explained to the future pilot that I don't really know how to play the game. Never mind that this is the same game and system that my husband owned before we got married almost 13 years ago. I've never ever played it. Never been tempted either. Until now. To "bond".

He grabbed BOTH controllers and told me he would teach me. This sounded okay to me. I oohed and aahed over his skill. Complimented him on his keen eye, his quick fingers. Over and over. For twenty-five minutes. On a two player game. I never touched a controller. Okay well I did touch one ONCE. But he quickly let me know, again that he would need to TEACH me how to play.

Folks, had I known "playing the game" with him would be this easy I would have played long ago. It gave me plenty of time to pick my toenails, rub the dog's belly, and just LAY there. Amazing.

He is quite the little guy though. Here he is doing him impression of Spider-Man. Right before Mary Jane rolls up his mask so they can kiss. LOL. Isn't he a hoot?

1 comment:

Just A Girl said...

Too funny. Boys crack me up. Owen is into Star Wars: The Clone Wars. He hasn't even seen the show. He just pretends to be Luke Skywalker all day. Hilarious. I had to play "light savers" the other day. It was hard, but he was so excited. It made my day.