Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

Today felt like a series of blips. The snow continued to fall last night so the day was choppy. School was closed so I didn't need to go in and volunteer at my favorite little girl in the worlds school.

I was short on my exercise goal for the week so while the house slept I decided to work out. No kids on the couch to contend with--they like to stare at me and ask me questions...

No husband to watch me and make me get all embarrassed. No dog to run around me (because she thinks since I'm on the floor I'm there for the sole purpose of playing with her).

Yes, it was a good morning to get up, watch the snow fall out side...
and work out. There was one factor I didn't think about...

One factor that is often a side note...

One factor that likes to mix things up around here.

RC!

I thought, "Well now, this is interesting. Do I get bonus points for the extra weight I'm now crunching?" I mean after all leg lifts WERE a little harder...

It was very distracting to say the least. And at first I thought he was just lonely and needed a little snuggle time.

But then...
THEN I noticed he had the viscous death grip on my shirt!!!!

So I thought I'd just give him a little love and he'd let go. Lucky for him I was in the cool-down stage anyway.
But he wasn't buying it! He was in for the kill! he was NOT letting go! Just look at those fangs!
Kind of ironic that he had poor little Mickey Mouse in his grips. Don't ya think?

---------

Others in the house started to wake up. Especially this one. Who needed to go out. Lucky for her I was feeling energetic and ready to brave the snowy day.

Since this is the first significant snow for these parts I reveled in the beauty.
So did my favorite little girl in the world. (The future pilot dared not venture out until 530pm. He's such a little home body.)
And I can't believe that I actually witnessed perfect snowflakes that landed on my jacket in such beautiful, magnificent form.

2 comments:

Debbiy said...

So beautiful! And funny funny kitty.

Just A Girl said...

I just can't get over how beautiful your place is. What a wonderland! I'm so glad you got a snow day. And I'm super impressed that you actually exercised on the snow day. You are a picture of self discipline. Could you send some my way? Please?