Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Gonna run these down real quick like because it's time for bed and I had a very looooong day at work. Almost 13 hours. Add a 90 minute commute in total and arriving home to two sweaty rambunctious kids and you will know what I mean.


So...

1. I'm thankful that I don't have to go to work again until Tuesday!!!! Whaaaaaahooooo!
2. I'm extremely thankful (excited) that I was chosen from the lottery to attend a play with my daughter's class tomorrow. Ya-ay!
3. I'm very happy that Watson resurfaced Wednesday. You see Watson is my favorite little girl in the world's best friend and she snuck him to school and lost him on Tuesday and she sobbed a really long time on Tuesday just before bedtime.
4. I'm thankful that though I'm still slightly hungry from being on this diet I have not eaten off any fingers yet.
5. I'm thankful that pizza was good enough for the family tonight and that I didn't eat even a teeny tiny morsel of cheese. Not on the ride home. Not when I served the kids. Not even a finger lick!
6. I'm thankful that my co-worker does not have jury duty tomorrow thus enabling me to rest assured our help desk is in good hands. Thank you beautiful co-worker!
7. I'm thankful that my mommy brought home-made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies to my house and I have yet to tear into them. (No no she is not a diet sabotager. She knows my husband is under the weather and she loves her grandkids too. Oh and even if I DO have JUST one it will still be healthier than a slice of pizza and I would be within in my point range STILL with points to spare. So there!)
8. I am extremely thankful that we have things to do outside the house on Saturday which will motivate me to NOT sit around and watch chick flicks instead of MOVING my body.
9. I'm thankful that I was able to get all of my tasking done today so I don't't have to fret about what I'd left UNdone all weekend.
10. I'm thankful that my kids have settled down so I don't have to be angry mama before bedtime.


Thank you God for all you do.

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Good stuff. Your self-discipline amazes me. I might be able to pass up pizza, but not the cookies. I would've eaten every single one! You're doing great. Keep it up.

Casey said...

Good for you! I admire your self control and your ability to find so many reasons to be thankful after a long day- I know how hard that can be!