Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life is simple, its just not easy. ~Author Unknown

I'm having one of those days where the minute I walked in the house it seemed that utter chaos was reeking havoc on my calm. I'm not sure why. I wasn't stressed when I got home. I had run two rather quick (total of less that 15 minutes) errands. One being the Post Office--I was the ONLY one in line. See what I mean? No reason for stress.

However the "family" had different ideas. "She looked at me." "I did not." "I can't do my homework--you need to help me." "What's for dinner, I'm hungry?" "Is that pizza any good?" "6 minus zero is 5." ??????

?????

????!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

So I am currently in time out. Why? Because I'm tired of looking like the ogre in this house. I can't take it anymore. I can NOT do it all. Can you? If you can tell me how. We are friends right? You aren't reading just to humor me right?

So, even though I feel guilty as sin right now I am holed up in the bedroom. I have a few Christmas cards longing for a handwritten note to be tucked inside. (If your's isn't one of them it isn't because I love you less honest. It's because we FB or actually communicate in person).

Nonetheless I am going to finish these cards and affix stamps to them. I'm going to go to the bathroom (can't do that now because if they hear the toilet flush they will determine my location and my peace will be lost--I sure hope my bladder forgives me). I am going to find some comforting music and get back into the mood that my family deserves from me no matter how I feel. Why? Because that is what is expected of me. By my Savior. He provides for me AND my family even when I am a big fat meanie. So I need to do my best to walk in that light. Can I get an amen? Or at least a hoorah!? Because if there was any time I needed you cheering me in my corner it's right now. I'd do it for you if you asked I promise you that.

Now then, I have cards to write. And a costume to finish, and cookies to bake, and ... and...

1 comment:

Debbiy said...

You don't have to flush right away...