Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

The work week is rolling to a close and I'm tired. Doesn't matter though because I have lots of stuff to be thankful for!
  1. The beautiful snow we had over the weekend. It was lovely and entertained the kids so nicely.
  2. A job that has a nice variety of tasks. I love doing different things. It keeps the boredom at bay.
  3. Convenience food. Although I do feel a bit guilty that I haven't cooked too many meals this week. Late days will do that to you.
  4. Reduced gas prices! 10 cents cheaper than last week!
  5. Winter coats to shield my family from the cold. I had a long walk to my car today and had removed my jacket once there. When I had to step outside to pump gas a bit later I realized just how cccccc-old it is out there.
  6. Generous children. It's been so neat to watch them get excited about getting their siblings Christmas presents.
  7. Sleep. Have I said that before? Seems I have. I crave it. Sooo thankful for it.
  8. Cordless phones. Especially when you have to make a call and are sitting snuggly under a warm computer and would rather have it BROUGHT to you. No comments about my laziness please-I'm already feeling guilty enough about that.
  9. Patience. Something I was able to practice on Monday when the future pilot shut down on me without warning and could not be consoled. I got on my haunches to get eye level and he leaned into me and I fell over. Right. In. The. Middle. Of. The. Christian Bookstore. Oh if that wasn't a sight. We went to the car and I played 40 questions in askance for the reason for his mood, with ever answer being, 'no' until I asked, "Do you want me to sit in that seat next to you and hold you?" To which he replied with a nod. 30 minutes later he was ready to move on. Thank you Jesus ever so much for slowing me down when I'm in the rush of things. Especially since I know the snuggles of my growing future pilot are numbered.
  10. That "the Law" is NOT working eve shift this weekend. Hallelujah praise you God. Some normalcy.
Thank you God for another winner of a week. I love You.

No comments: