Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Oh the countdown is far from started and things are falling into place. I know I will awake on January 2nd and wonder, "Where did the holidays go?" No matter. They'll be back again before I can blink. On with my thanks...

  1. A girls' night out with my sweet lil lady. (Library and dinner--just us!!)
  2. The sweet gift of a free appetizer which brought our dinner bill to a mere TEN dollars!--Thank you very much Cody
  3. For several fresh movies FREE from the public library. Ones I have NOT yet viewed. (Could come in real handy as they are calling for snow once again)
  4. Cushy sneakers. Vanity trapped my bunion-ized feet in heeled black boots most of the week. How refreshing to switch over to mile-a-minute sneakers with a soft soft landing.
  5. Ready-made fancy cookies--very handy when you remember the morning of that you are supposed to provide a plate of them for THAT day and you can't possibly be at work AND at home to bake them at the same time.
  6. Great teachers. May they reap their just rewards.
  7. Kitchen passes--if you've been following me you know how I stress over dinner.
  8. Plenty. No matter what you name I'll say I have it. I can not think of one single thing I don't have that I absolutely NEED right now. (Wants don't count)
  9. Great friends. Oh how different each are and oh how God places one after the other in my life at the time I need that particular friend the most. (Stay tuned for the post where I talk about the friend who thanked me for being me. ME! JUST ME!)
  10. For air cold enough to warrant mittens this morning thus cushioning a worse outcome of a smashed finger in the car door. It was green most of the day, now a bit purple. VERY THANKFUL that I was able to open the locked door before it fully closed! Yoweeee.
So thank you God for saving me
and letting me live so happily.
You sent your son to a dark dark world
and in doing so saved this old girl.
(and many others too)

No comments: