Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

What a week. A trend seems to be starting where my posts are waning. However, I am never at a loss for thankfulness.

- I'm thankful for our first significant snow fall. Maybe it was only two inches but it was snow and it was quite lovely.

- I'm thankful for the warmth of a fireplace and it's fantastic glow.

- I'm thankful that I have a 20 year old son who is willing to do my running about for me. Oh so thankful that he picked up my turkey bacon on the last day of the sale AND ran to pick up dinner for me and the kids. He's a wonderful wonderful bright spot on this earth.

- I'm thankful that my kids played well together this week while my favorite little girl was out of school. I think my mom will second this.

- I'm thankful for a peaceful home tonight! I have not had to referee once!

- I'm thankful for family time. Like tonight. Just curling up in the family room with the kids (all three of them) and hanging out.

- I'm thankful for a husband who takes good care of the sidewalks and steps. He did such a nice job getting a path to the cars that didn't ice over!

- I'm thankful for abundances. In every aspect of my life. My needs are met.

- I'm thankful for dreams. Things to look forward to. Delight over. Smile about.

- I am thankful that a weekend is upon us. And chances to eat cake! (and Superbowl food)

How about you? Anything special you are thankful for? Go ahead and share. I'm telling you it makes you remember what you truly have.

2 comments:

Gitz 'n Jo said...

I love your Thankful Thursdays.

2 things:

1. Love that photo of the kids. Makes me want to hug them.

2. So random, but I was watching Oprah and they were talking about surprising food facts: did you know that real bacon is actually better for you than turkey bacon? It's the same calories and the turkey version has LOADS of sodium because it's not natural.

Yeah, shocked me too.

Debbiy said...

I am thankful for you.