Friday, July 10, 2009

It Landed...

on my book as I read 'My Sister's Keeper' peacefully on my swing. I glanced at it and realized I have never in my life been this close to a dragonfly. I continued to watch it as it devoured a fly hanging from it's mouth. It would pulse it's mouth a bit and then throw back it's head. Little by little the fly disappeared. I thought to myself, "Of all the times for my camera to be INside and not OUT here with me."

I also thought of my little sis. The dragonfly has become my symbol for her. Every time I see one she pops into my head. I think this is God's way of telling me to think of her and pray for her. As I watched the fly vanish I remembered a time when we were little. Inseparable. Forced together by closeness in age and a lack of other playmates. I remember the day we caught lady bugs by the handfuls and how when she ran out of hand space she cleverly--or so she thought, opened her mouth and deposited the tiny orange bugs to free her hands to catch more. It wasn't long before the tickle of bugs caused her to start coughing them out. The view of exiting bugs was hysterical. Well maybe not if you ask her but it was rather entertaining to me.

Lil sis, wherever you are. I hope you are well. Oh and that you don't swallow any flies. Leave that to the dragonfly please.

2 comments:

Debbiy said...

I'd never heard that story about her...hee hee hee.

And I join you in your wishes.

oh, and where do they GET these verification words? torbiloa? Really?

ISO (In search of) said...

LOL. I totally agree. I've had some really odd ones. Like someone's messing with me.