Thursday, August 14, 2008

HOME

So, my favorite first born moved home back in May after being on his own for two years. He needed to spread his wings a bit and experience independence. I'm okay with that, though it broke my heart for him to go. He's really grown and I'm proud of him. He's had a steady job for two years and decided last month, in addition to working, to enroll in a few college classes for the fall. I didn't even push him. How cool is that?

He's 20 and has two younger siblings. My favorite daughter (6) and my future pilot (3). Living on the upper level forever won't work because well...how will he get any peace to do homework with such a lively pair constantly poking at him? We've worked out a sweet deal. I buy materials and he performs the intensive labor to finish the basement. I'm really amazed at the work he has done. I'd hire him again. I really would.


He's really done a lot of figuring on how he wants things...

Cool built-ins!!! Don't you think? He had to maneuver around some dicey pipes and instead of wasting space decided to regain a bit of that buy throwing in some shelves. Wow!

Pay no attention... I mean ZERO attention to the walk-in closet that is larger than mine. I'm still trying not to be jealous. You don't suppose he'd swap rooms with me do you? :)



Taping and mudding and more mudding. AND MORE mudding and then MORE mudding. Oh and sanding. I think mudding and sanding was his favorite part. :) Not really. He nearly suffocated under it all. There sure was a lot of dust...well at least one of us had fun. Hee hee.



WE HAVE PAINT!!! Can you tell he's a sea creature? I'm so tempted to sneak down and paint some Sponge Bob's on the walls. Maybe Patrick. Maybe a few snails, some seaweed. Oh come on! I'm teasing! Maybe just a teensy tiny air bubble? I mean really where's your sense of adventure folks? Exciting isn't it?

3 comments:

Alex said...

Built-in shelves are key; is that an outlet in the middle of one? or lighting? That blue isn't blue, it's BLUE!

ISO (In search of) said...

Yes Alex that's an outlet in there. That's what happens when an electrician does the job. They think of things like that. :) That blue is VERY blue. VERY VERY blue.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's the same blue as Gwendolyn's room!

I *KNEW* we were missing a can of paint!

Give my favorite first nephew a hug.