Friday, August 29, 2008

Thank you God

It's Friday. The last day of the first week of school. Yeeeeeeehaaaw!!!!!!

Did anyone else besides me have a hard time trying to get a kid back into the rhythm of a homework routine? My daughter has always loved school. Granted this is only year three for her she loves to learn. Normally.

This week it has been like pulling teeth to get her to start her homework much less concentrate on it. Am I alone? Am I crazy to have the feeling that summer vacation ended as soon as it started? I'm finding myself dreading the school year. I'm already tired thinking of next week's homework, and the next, and next.

2 comments:

lilsis said...

Oh my goodness. I can just feel myself calling, "Goodbye, have a nice day, Beggaboo!" and her turning and giving me her sweet, proud smile and little wave. Although, maybe not the wave, 'cause it looks like she needs both hands to lug her and her backpack up those steps.
Love from the UK, sweetheart! Kisses from me and your boys.

ISO (In search of) said...

Hey you homeschooler (and others like you) Thumbs up to your for your patience. It's homework that reminds me I made the right decision not to homeschool my kids. I'm pretty sure my blood pressure would be through the roof. Hats off to you.