Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is this on?

Living in the country is pretty cool. I don't think you get the full affect though when you can drive 10 miles in any direction and find places to spend money. So goes my first dilemma. Where does one go when they want to get away? When they want to have those wide open spaces and try to curb the materialistic bartering nature they have grown so accustomed to? Where addictions to new things, just because you can, start to take over your home and you wake up one day and realize "why do I have to have all these things?" and "could I live a richer life with lesser things and be more at peace?". I'm venturing a guess this could actually be a reality. One I would like to more than ponder. One that I would like to grow accustomed to. So goes my journey.

A co-worker had a magazine on his desk today. Money magazine. A headline article listed the top 100 places to live in the grand USA. Was your's on it? If not do you think it should be? Do tell. My inquiring mind wants to know. Afterall, I'm on a quest...the perfect town. Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

lilsis said...

Hmm, makes me wonder what made the cut for top 100. I might have to check out the article. I wonder if they are aware of all the nooks and crannies of America. Actually, I hope not, 'cause my dream town wouldn't include a bunch of people. I think maybe I want to live inside of a Thomas Kincade painting. Does a place like that exist in real life?

Alex said...

Welcome to the fray. :)