Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Things In My Kitchen I Can't Explain

I was in my kitchen this evening making dinner. I started looking around at the bizarre things and thought to myself, "how did this get here and why?" Don't get me wrong. I don't think any of these items and their placements have been bonded for less than, oh, three weeks. It's just that I look at them and wonder, "hmmm, should I stop everything and take care of them now?" Let's take a little tour shall we?

On the ledge over my sink...
Now, granted I have small children so the scissors need to be kept out of reach of small children but I what I can't explain is the Polly Pocket Go Go boot you see in the bottom left corner.

Yep. That really is a Polly Pocket Go Go boot. Gee I wonder where the other one is. Surely not in the neatly labeled Polly Pocket container in my daughter's bedroom. That would just be too bizarre. Moving on...

Angel in a shot glass. Pondering that for just 3 seconds tells me there is something really really really wrong about that. First why a shot glass when we don't do shots in my house? Why an angel IN the shot glass when angels surely shouldn't be found at the bottom of a shot glass at all. Or would that follow the beer goggle affect? Where everything seems more angelic after a shot? I don't think this is going anywhere safe so let's keep moving.

Screws and a burned out light bulb from a microwave oven that was installed Christmas Eve. Hmm. Certainly there is a good reason to keep the burned out light bulb, of a replaced microwave oven, that found it's final resting place in the county dump, on or about December 26th of last year. (Equally good reason for keeping the screws I'm sure) --and there has to be a perfectly good reason why they were so important as not to be banished to the junk drawer with the 40 other oddly sized screws? Let's go on.

Oops. Right. I do sort of know what this is here for. Note to my blog readers. TERRO Ant Killer Spray...bad for ants..nonplussing for fruit flies. Sorry Ace man you let me down this time.

Okay, for you non Pampered Chef folks. What you see is a collection of PP stoneware scrapers. Really. One is good. Two is okay. But SIX? Overkill man. Just OVEKILL.

Yes, I KNOW they are clean but they still clearly have no business being on my fancy stand on the middle of my island. Are they trying to escape a flood? LOL. No seriously. I WISH they were. They were a bribe to get the future pilot to start GOING on the potty. Alas here they sit. Unsoaked. Unscathed. Untouched by little human parts. Why oh why did that guy in the documentary have to talk about the pilot poop suits?

Yes. We've been here before. It just seems to be a never ending cycle. I take them off. He puts them back. I take them off. He puts them back. I give up.

3 comments:

lilsis said...

Girrrl, you betta get that angel out of that shot glass right now. That just aint right. Has Mom seen that? LOL! You know she's probably laughing in her head.

lilsis said...

Can you tell I finally figured out how to comment?

ISO (In search of) said...

So glad you did too!