Friday, August 22, 2008

To LilSis...a memoir

My little sister loves dragonflies. I'm not sure if it's because she saw the movie with Michelle Pfeiffer but I know she really likes them a lot. She moved fa-aar away almost a year ago and I miss her a lot. It's kind of a little silly maybe but every time I see a dragonfly now I think of her, and pretend it's her--sharing whatever is going on in my life. I only wish I had a camera to snap each and every one just so I could capture her (I mean the dragonfly) and show her how much "I" think of her at those times.

Last Saturday when I was here... I saw ...
Then when I was here...

One of these...
Even when I was here...
This guy showed up...
No no no. Not Kevin Costner!!! Another dragonfly.

It seems no matter where I go. There they are. And they always make me smile. So for all of you with sisters close by. Give them a hug. Chances are it will leave you feeling blessed.

1 comment:

lilsis said...

Awww, hi, Mid Sis....
So, to educate your viewers. I have been interested in dragonflies since we were kids. Only, they were beautiful scary to me then because someone told me they would bite. I love them now, but not because of the Kevin Costner movie. THAT almost put me off dragonflies. I could not look at a window at night for some time and I can now never own a dragonfly paperweight, EVER. You know how I am.