Sunday, October 26, 2008

-------------------------------------------------

I think the title says it all. I feel like I'm flat-lining. Not in real life mind you. Heck I'm ONLY 40--and you KNOW what they are saying? "60 is the new 40!" Hey I'm running with that. Gives me twenty more years to get my weak tired body in shape to NOT look my age.

Dang it. Where was I going with this again? Oh yea, flat-lining. In the blog world. I have been reading a lot of them this weekend. That always seems to happen when I am supposed to be doing something ELSE on my computer. Have I mentioned lately how much I REALLY hate school? I mean I actually know people who are excited about learning. Ecstatic to be able to say to their friends, "Oh, I just enrolled in the most interesting course!" Pushaw. WHATEVER! Me? I do not like it one bit. Not one bit Sam I am. So I sneak into other people's lives when my family thinks I am concentrating on school work. Hey. Don't judge. I'm 40 and you should be more respectful of your elders.

I was driving down the road yesterday and thought, "Dang it! I should have grabbed my camera! I could have blogged some great pictures!" We were heading down the road to go to a birthday party for one of my daughter's friends. So showering, scrambling to find a big enough gift bag, and convincing the future pilot that he must eject now and get moving to MY cockpit (van), took precedence over the thought of getting the camera. So no camera.

Today I arose early to try and get the dog walked, the kids dressed, the dog crated, and squeeze in a run to Starbucks before we had to be at a nearby grocery store to pedal yet more cookies. So again, I can not share the beautiful picture that God painted before me as we passed the evolving golf course with it's shimmering frosted grass. I wouldn't worry too much though because I would maybe have been tempted to share the sights my children were most enthused about. They kind of have a curiosity of dead things. They don't rejoice in it mind you. They just as a gazillion questions about how it got there.

The day goes by fast. School certainly leaves me with less free time. I don't like to waste my favorite season being trapped by homework but I promised the boss so, well, I gotta follow through. It does leave me searching my soul again though. I won't get much in raises now I'm told. I've maxed out where I am. I just wonder if it's worth it to me to struggle through these classes when my husband tells me he's moving us to a slower pace of life in a few years. A place where I might not be tempted to buy so much. A place where I won't feel like I have to keep up with the Jones's of Smartdom.

After all, my kids would rather know me as a less than spastic mom who has time to play with them. I also think my husband would like to be able wear a shirt that isn't wrinkled because I barely have time to get the laundry done. Sorry honey. Honest, I'm trying.

So, maybe tomorrow. Since the paper is done now. Done and turned in. Until the next assignment. Maybe tomorrow I'll take some really cool earth shattering photographs. Maybe. We'll see.

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Hey, I love your playlist, especially the Jack Johnson tune. I'm going to have to listen to his stuff. Life is tough, girl. You have a slight overachiever problem like me. Are you the oldest? You should do what is best for your family and maybe the best is not being bigger, faster, stronger, smarter. I don't know. I'm just sayin'. Get some sleep.

ISO (In search of) said...

I'm glad you like the music. My first introduction to Jack Johnson was via the Curious George movie. I'm rated G. Can you believe I'm the middle child? Two older two younger. Can't wait to read about your vacation--and see some beautiful fall scenes.