Friday, October 31, 2008

Elevators

I know it's Halloween and I should do some cutsie little pumpkin pictures and some of my kids in their costumes but let's face it. It's 4:19pm, the sun is shining, and Daddy is cutting the grass. My how he loves that mower. Anyway, maybe tomorrow I'll have some delightful pictures to show you. For now? My munchkins are vegging out in front of the television--taking breaks just to ask me every 10 minutes when they are going out in search of their loot. So if that is any inkling of what is in store for me this evening I shall be too tired to blog about the 'after'. Until tomorrow.

So, elevators it is. I've been wanting to do this post for a while. I've worked in office buildings for like twenty years and I spend a lot of time thinking about elevators. Kind of funny to me too since I don't really use them much in my side of the building since we don't have them. Just three floors you know. Doesn't relegate a use for them unless you are freight--no comments on whether I might be or not. I AM trying to reduce.

So, I have some elevators thoughts for you...

1) Why can't people learn "first out THEN in" Sheesh people, if you let us OFF then there will be ROOM for you to get in.
2) Do you really need to take the elevator for ONE floor? Really?
3) Sometimes, when you are really hungry and like someone gets on with food. Do you ever hash out in your mind how long you will wait before you start fighting over it should the elevator get "stuck"?
4) Do you ever wonder, if it's just you and someone of the opposite sex on the elevator, how petrified you would be if the elevator doors decided NOT to open?
5) Do you get claustrophobic if the elevator starts to fill to capacity?
6) If you are alone on the elevator do you ever jump up and down, dance, sing, or any other thing that would clearly mortify you should the doors open quicker than you anticipate?

Just a few of my thoughts. (Should you still be reading)

4 comments:

Just A Girl said...

OK, my main comment is about the lawn mower. My husband is nuts about his lawn mower and he loves to mow. I guess I should be grateful. He has a Cub Cadet ZTR. I suppose that's his Mustang now. Anyway, I would quickly lose my mind if the elevator was full and the doors wouldn't open. Also, why is it so horrifying to make eye contact and speak on the elevator? It's soooo awkward. Weird.

Debbiy said...

I take them one floor.

Srsly.

Ride 1 floor with me or take pictures of me as they carry me off in the ambulance because I have, once again, tripped over my own darn feet.

Fortunately I look about 18 months pregnant so every figures that's why... :)

lilsis said...

Okay, since no one else mentioned it, I have to.....

Pffft.

I believe that anyone that does such a thing on an elevator should be immediately and forcibly carried off by large, scary men.

Debbiy said...

Large, scary men?

Yummmmm!!!!!