Friday, October 17, 2008

Filled Up Friday

Early morning gifts from across the pond. Thank you Uncle, Auntie and cousins!!!!
Today was one of those days where lots of stuff was just jam packed in. I should have taken my camera with me. Today was cookie pick-up day. My daughter is a Brownie. This is our first year of the cookie thing so I wasn't sure what to expect. Five of our troop moms headed to the pick-up place to help unload the truck and reload our vehicles.

After the truck guys unloaded the pallets this is sort of how it looked...
I wish I could say I requested my daughter draw me this sad picture but I'll confess right up front it was my art work. I'm tired. It's almost midnight. So don't judge.

After the pallets were unloaded we moms, some dads, and some assorted children--some troop members some assorted brothers and sisters, removed the cookie cartons to countable stacks. Once any damaged boxes were replaced the divvy up began. When it came our turn, our leader pulled up a van and we began to load it up. I'm very glad I started that boot camp I must say. I threw myself in the van and suddenly boxes began to appear at all sides. Me and one of the guys began to stack them in.

Imagine our terror when the person in charge of the cookies (someone NOT from our troop) thought some of the girls were taking boxes from stacks that were not intended for our vehicle. In a panic she wanted us to unload the entire van!!! Luckily we were able to convince them we were on top of things. All of those vehicles and we ended up being able to fit all of our boxes in one. After that we took them to one of the troop homes and divvied up the ones that were to go home with us.

After that it was time to race home to get ready for a very special event. My favorite little girl in the world was turning 7.
It's hard to believe. This precious little girl of mine...
This little diva...
This little flexible smile-bringing thought provoker,
is turning 7.

I won't apologize for the road of reflection. It's my blog and I will go off-road when I want to.

Without further a-do some scenes from the day:

Warming fire on a chilly day...
Twelve pretty pumpkins made in a row...
Hayriders waiting for rails and trails.
Pumpkin painting...
For all ages...
The party was a hit. Even though no one managed to make it back to the fire. Maybe next year.

Play room revisited...
Would you believe it was clean when the party started and didn't get like this until all of her friends had gone home? Honest. This is the work of two very precocious toddlers. I blame me. Mostly because I made a mental note, obviously forgotten, that I would remove three fourths of the toys before their arrival. Would you believe the birthday girl helped me clean this up after everyone had left? I truly love her.

I'm so grateful for a fall birthday in the family. It truly is my favorite season. I'm also very grateful that my daughter is learning the art--and importance of friendship. Thanks to everyone who made this party such a success.

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Fun weekend! Love the pumpkin decorating. Tell your sweet daughter, "Happy Birthday from the Blogosphere!"

ISO (In search of) said...

Thank you! I will. The pumpkin decorating was definitely a hit. Although a few pumpkins got left behind. Very glittery and very cute but what to do with them? :)