Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Weekender

Part I
Sometimes I don't have time to post every day and this weekend was no exception. I found out Tuesday I had a three page paper due for school and it was due TODAY! Just a note to any whiny young college students--GET ER DONE BEFORE YOU HAVE A JOB, SPOUSE, OR KIDS!!! Honest. I mean it. I know sometimes it gets in the way of a social life but at least when you are young it's just YOUR social life that chances rescheduling.

My husband worked all weekend so by Saturday morning I was very panicked about my paper that didn't seem to be materializing very well. I had a topic and concept but the rest was just mush. This is when folks like me rejoice in sisters. Oh and this time around I don't mean ones that move halfway across the world to leave you lonely. No this time I mean the ones that live close enough to volunteer to watch your kiddos so you can have some peace and quiet and work on your paper.

Sisters that take your kids to riding stables with them while they watch their own take riding lessons. Sisters that know you have a future pilot that gets really excited over airports. Like this...
Sisters who know that the outdoors does a little kid's body good.
I submitted my paper today after two revisions. Thank you sis. Oh and thank you to my friend who also helped proof it a second time because I'm just the sort that freaks out over everything and well, I needed that extra reassurance. (I hear it's because I'm the middle child)


Part II
Cramming lots of activities into a short amount of time is one of my specialties. I don't usually recommend this because it's stressful. Even though I know it I still do it and sometimes I get militant and then it certainly becomes unfun. Thankfully this weekend was not one of those weekends. We love fall--me most of all. I walked the dog this morning and even though it was 8 in the morning there was a pretty hefty fog on.

Of course I didn't have my camera on me so by the time I took the dog back to the house and grabbed my camera some of it had lifted. I still got a couple of memorable shots of some of the outbuildings.

I absolutely love barns. I remember the first night we stayed in our new home I stared out the window at this one until I fell asleep. That was when I thought to myself, we are never ever leaving here.
In the afternoon I met up with a friend at a local nursery for some fall festivities. Fall plantings are so beautiful.
My daughter thinks so too...
The future pilot was up for exploring everything...
People are just so clever. Aren't these little cows just the cutest thing you ever saw? The future pilot wanted to ride but not without me. Unfortunately they were only big enough for the small cowfolk.
We actually made it through the corn maze. Pretty impressive since we let the kids lead.
All in all the weekend was a success.

3 comments:

Debbiy said...

I love Sis. And you can bring my wonderful niece and nephew over any time you need to write a paper, or just some sister time.

Just A Girl said...

Your place is gorgeous! You should post some more pics. Give me a tour. Barns on one's property are like 100-year old oak tress. They are priceless in my book!

ISO (In search of) said...

I'll give you a tour, maybe this weekend will yield some good pictures. I have to warn you though, neither of these outbuildings are on my property. They are just within my view--but I sure appreciate being able to see them.