Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Maid And Butler In Training

The park outing did us all good yesterday. My kids wanted to top the day off with a day at Grandma's but we needed to get home. Daddy had scheduled a day at the range with a buddy. It is good for him to keep in practice and it's too loud for kids so we trucked on home.

Daddy left for the range and the kids really surprised me. I don't think any fights broke out the whole time he was gone. In fact the kids started making offers that both shocked and amazed me.

"May I vacuum the stairs?" asked my daughter. Of course I said yes.
The future pilot, not to be left out or upstaged, announced "I want to sweep."
And sweep...
he did.
I even managed to walk the dog--something I lazily leave for my hubby whenever possible. Of course it was when I was slipping into my dog walking shoes that I noticed this.
I really hope those nice folks at the pizza joint didn't see this.

2 comments:

Debbiy said...

I like the pink one.

ISO (In search of) said...

Very funny. I like them both. I'd just prefer them matching so I don't look more scattered than I feel. :)