Friday, December 5, 2008

It happened again

Every year I start my shopping and for some reason I always end up buying something for myself. Isn't that selfish? Last year I bought a washing machine. I didn't WANT to buy one but the Maytag I had broke. It would have cost more to fix it than to replace it. But this year? I have no good excuse.

You see, I'd had my eye on this certain clock for oh maybe two years. I drooled over it, dog-eared the page. Allowed myself to be tempted by it. On black Friday it happened. The price of the clock was reduced by two-third's it's original price!!!

Now mind you I was internet shopping. With my sister. We were chatting and I zinged her the link. She responded immediately with "Oh, you HAVE to buy it for yourself." I tried so hard to resist but alas I could not. So I ordered it. It came Wednesday. My favorite first born son attempted to put it up for me that same night but he needed a drill so he tried to complete the job tonight. Unfortunately, this is as far as he got.

There are supposed to be two additional clocks but one of the smaller clocks does not have the larger hook that will fit over the rod. If that sounds confusing to you imagine me trying to explain it to the customer support center. I'd rather not return the whole shebang if I don't have to. I'd like to exchange one small clock for the clock that has the right sized hook.

I need this clock. Mostly so I can keep up with THIS time location...Because THIS location...

is where little sis is and her sweet family. And my goodness if I call yet another birthday boy in the middle of the night I might just get disconnected.

I'm hoping the support center can make it all better so I can hang the rest of the time zones I just have to keep up with. Don't ask me why I picked this one being the olympics are now over.
Nonetheless it would look better with all five clocks. Trust me.

And the little guy behind Beijing?
He was responsible for putting all the batteries in. My boys. Such good helpers to their mama.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I REALLY like your clocks. I hope you get the hook/part you need to get it all completed!