Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend in A Whirl

Silly title for a blog but after posting every day in November I'm really feeling pressed to try and keep that up. I still don't know how others do it.

Saturday I had my day planned out. Pay bills, do laundry, go to bank to pay more bills, hit Homegoods for some assorted things and then mail a package then come home to complete laundry, work on two final assignments, and study for my final exam--which is tomorrow. ACK!!!!

My husband decided we needed to take the kids here...
Because he's been telling me for weeks that the future pilot would love it.

I think he was right.
Afterwards he thought we needed to fill up on food so I'd be too tired to amount to anything when we got home. Well maybe he was just hungry and knew from me telling him that I hadn't yet eaten and it was nigh on 4pm that I needed to eat soon. Nonetheless eating a big meal rendered me sleepy.

When we got home the kids had to play in our first snow...
I am sure we got a whopping half inch!!! Goodness I do hope I don't lose the future pilot in it.
After that I really tried hard to get the kids occupied with re-enacting the Christ child's birth--even though I figured it would be much like that of Mr. Bean's.
I merely wanted them occupied so I could study and get some work done on my papers. It is times like these that I realize how much I'm missing out on. I wonder if I will try harder to be with them after school ends this semester. Whether I'm ready or not school will be over for the semester on Sunday. I plan to thank God a LOT on that day.

I was up until 1 last night. Got one paper down and sent it off today. I had nursery at church then had to shuttle my favorite little girl in the world and one of her friends to the Brownie unit Christmas pin swap. Then it was home to call England. The next paragraph is for my nephew. The birthday man.

I called you. I swear I did. Your number must have been pretty popular on your day. Both times it was busy. Then we had a crisis. Your cat was being tormented by my dog and the girls started chasing him and he wee wee'd on my floor and the girls stepped and knee'd in it and I was running around freaking out trying to figure out what I was going to send my favorite little girl in the world's friend home in because she is so teeny tiny next to your cousin. I was pushing it to try and call you at 9pm. It was the time I had available. I suck as an aunt. You can tell me too if you'd like. Can I JUST take the time to say if you STILL lived next door I swear I would visit you in person to tell you just how much you mean to me. Eat your heart out girls of Grace. He's growing into one fine young man and YOU can't have him. So how's that? Happy birthday man. It still IS officially your birthday in the country you were birthed so my track record should be better. As to your present again, if I send YOURs on time it makes me look bad to that blonde boy that shares a house with you. So it's coming. I promise.

That pretty much sums up my weekend. I am here beginning my last assignment and cramming for my final. After this week it's all downhill. Well unless my daughter keeps reminding me how few days there are left until Christmas. Then the panic will really begin.

I hope your weekend was joyous.

4 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Out of that whole story, you know what sticks out to me? You keep the nursery at church! You are surely earning crowns in heaven for doing that task. I have five kids so everyone assumes I would love to help with nursery. NOT!!! I kind of drop my kids and run on Sunday mornings. To all the nursery workers out there - I love you, man!

ISO (In search of) said...

Awe shucks. I've always enjoyed it. I used to break dates to babysit. That sometimes did not go over too well but I learned what kind of guy I was dating if he got upset. :)

Liz Harrell said...

That sounds like a great weekend, I'd LOVE a swim right now. Except the whole bathing suit thing. That could really kill a good mood fast for me. :)

lilsis said...

I'll have to show him this. Geesh, can you believe he's 16 (sniff, sob). Umm, I have started wild yam, btw. He is totally my soul-mate. And, yeah, GOG, you know who you are, you're totally missing out my 6'2", 135 lbs soaking wet, crooked teeth, glasses wearing, most gentlemanly, respectful, sensitive guy in the world. So there!