Sunday, December 28, 2008

We Interrupt This Program...

So, the cats are still here. Animal control was called Christmas Eve morning and I shed quite a few tears over that. It's the fastest I've seen my husband make a call. To anyone. But I guess since it's been almost two months since these cute fur balls arrived that isn't really quick.

Anyway, I did a little pitching yesterday, at my family Christmas gathering and I've been asked to post a few pictures. They may have homes, if I can post some pictures like RIGHT NOW! Wish these little cuties luck!!!

This one is a bit skeptical at first but enjoys a good petting. This one is my personal favorite just because of it's markings.
This little guy is the most playful so far. He was a bit shy at first but now likes to be held the most and play. This one is my daughter's favorite so she holds her (I'm pretty sure it's a her) a lot.

Here are the three fluff balls together. The gray one is a bit nervous but did not run away when I came out to spend time with them earlier this evening. As I neared the box it didn't even try to run. I got a few good pets in before the mama cat decided I was supposed to be petting her.





Here's pesky mama cat. She isn't really pesky at all but loving and patient. (I say that because ole stripey had her tail tonight biting and swatting and she didn't even correct him)
I really did try to get a better shot of her but she wouldn't let me get far enough away. She kept following me so I would pet her! Imagine that. :)

So good luck kitties. I hope your days of living on our front porch meet a GOOD fate. I'll stave off animal control as long as I can. I've grown quite attached to you.

4 comments:

Arachnae said...

They're adorable. I'm in for one or two...

ISO (In search of) said...

I'm loving your posts. Sounds like you have had some eventful days! Those kittens are so cute. I was really close to getting one for our kids this year, but I caught myself. I hope they get good homes.

(not sure why this one wouldn't post when moderating it.--Sorry Jennifer)

ISO (In search of) said...

It looks like all of them are spoken for as of last night. Thank you to those who made it possible to spare their precious lives. May they bring you lots of joy. Again, THANKS!

Debbiy said...

Well, two of the three kittens are settling in to new homes, one of them mine.

Mom and Baby Gray both tested positive for the Feline Immune Deficiency Virus - cat AIDS - and the kitten was already so sick that they didn't think he'd make it. So he has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Momma Cat is in foster. Because we already had two non-infected cats we couldn't bring her home with us after all. The vet will be nursing her back to health and after that she will be spayed (we've already paid for it) and fostered. For any home that has no other cats, or that has cats already with the disease she will make an amazing addition.

She is a brave brave brave little mother - if the world were full of mother's like her there would be no needy children...