Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lights...action

Thursday night my wonderful husband indulged me with my desire to take the kids to see a big light display we try to get to at least once a year. I had gone a couple of weeks ago with the kids and my mom but that was the day of the exhausting antiquing outing, so he fell asleep before we reached the location.

The future pilot was excited as we fled out the door and strapped into our seats. My husband and I had both worked that day so we stopped at deli and my favorite little girl in the world and I got sandwiches. When I got out of the car I looked back and the future pilot looked to be on the verge of tears. Now I'm not saying he's Mr. Emotions or anything but there are just some times when you know what might push him over the edge but none of us could figure out what had happened. Guiltily I stared my little girl down expecting her to give a hint of something she had done to annoy him. Lately he's prone to telling on her if she even looks at him funny so we really didn't think she'd done anything.

We continued on our journey wondering if the trip would be worth it if he was going to be as quiet as a mouse and mopey on top of it. We drove on.

When we got there it seems we weren't the only ones with the "let's go see the lights" idea. The future pilot was fading dismally. We finally struck a cord when he saw the first like and I seemed to recall a space shuttle or something. THAT perked him up. It was then that he announced...

"I forgot Max."

"Oh no, honey." I said.

"I wanted to show him the lights." He said.

"Oh, honey I know you did. I remember you asking." I said.

"But I forgot him. We should go BACK for him." He said.

"Oh no honey, maybe we can come back another time but it's too far to go all the way back right now." I said.

He seemed satisfied with that so we made our way through the line of cars. They really do a nice job on the display.

They must have been thinking of all of us bloggers when they designed this one.
"Oooooooooooooh Christmas tree ooooooooooooooooooooo Christmas treeeeeeeeee...how lovely ARE your branches!!!!"
ANCHORS AWEIGH MATEY!
Oh look a pearl. A refining refining refining...kind of like God does with us.
This was my mom's favorite. I know the 't's are supposed to be like what masts or mast poles whatever...but I think they look like the three crosses so that is why "I" like it.
These are just a sampling of the beautiful displays. We all enjoyed ourselves quite a lot.

Well, all except Max. But like I said maybe we'll try and bring him back some other time.

Because...

it would be a shame...

if...

Max...

missed it.

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Fun post! I love the lights. Who knew Max was a caterpillar? That is priceless! Hope you're having a great week.

Just A Girl said...

What a fun post! The lights look great. And who knew? Max is a caterpillar. Priceless!