Sunday, September 7, 2008

After the Storm...Thankful

So whenever there are hurricanes and other people suffer from a lot of damage not much happens in my part of the world. I am thankful for that. Sometimes we suffer an extended period without electricity and while I whine and complain I know that is a small small inconvenience considering what others have to deal with.

Nevertheless my family and I secured the patio furniture--thank you to my husband who came to my rescue before I had to lug the patio umbrella out of the center of the table while it was pouring down rain. Not only did the drenched feeling scare me sometimes ooky stinkbugs like to crawl inside that thing and I don't like those things. AT ALL!

After that was all taken care of I came inside and defrosted a delicious blueberry muffin and began to decide whether anything at the store was indeed exciting enough for me to venture out for. Again, my husband, rescued me and went out instead taking the future pilot!! A true treat indeed. It gave me plenty of time to catch up on blogs, sort some papers, and do some laundry.

The worst part of the storm was supposed to hit our area between noon and 6pm. We did get a bit of rain. At 5pm this was the state of things to the north...
to the east...

to the northwest...and to the west at 7pm.
Oh and the power? It flicked off then on one time. That was it. Thank you God.

No comments: