Sunday, September 14, 2008

Uh....WHAT is THAT?!!

Yesterday was pretty exhausting for me. Today I didn't set the alarm and was still up by 7:30. My daughter and I went off to church and hurried back so hubby could mow the lawn. I didn't envy him having to do that in this heat.

I tried really hard to busy myself with tasks so I would stay awake--have to be on watch with those kids of mine. I started reading blogs to try and amuse myself when I found myself getting too tired. I got a surge of energy and decided to vacuum a few rooms. I wasn't amused to find this on the carpet of one of the rooms I was going to vacuum...

Maybe you can't see it come closer...
That top thing is the rudder of an airplane. My first thought was epoxy? Which sent shivers down my spine because how on earth am I going to remove THAT from carpet??? I took a closer look and nervously took a whiff.
Odd. Too pale to be peanut butter and it smelled faintly of lotion. Too subtle to be anything I recognized right off. I am trying to be really calm about the whole thing while gently asking questions of the future pilot. "Buddy? What is this on the floor? Little love? What is this? Hey, sweetie, did you SPILL something here?"

See I'm reading this new book. I had a doozie of a day a few weeks back and was still feeling bad about it. I just happened to see this book on the shelf in a bookstore and thought maybe it was time to try and reign in some of the emotions, that come over me when I am trying to deal with my rambunctious children.
Now, I should be farther along in it than I am but so far I am just feeling good to know that I am not alone. That I'm not the only one who loses my cool. So far the biggest thing I've learned is that MY kids don't MAKE me yell. This should not have been earth shattering news to me but for some reason it was. I mean. I go to work. I get mad. I don't scream at the top of my lungs at people that annoy me or make me mad. Yet, I go home and unleash piercing blood curdling sound effects on two of the most precious people in my life. So, yea. I need this book.

Oh and the stuff on the floor?
So, a milestone. I kept my cool. I stayed in control. One for mom. Zero for drama.

3 comments:

Alex said...

After reading the entire thing, my only response is thus...

Butt paste? That cannot be an actual product.

Anonymous said...

Clearly a gift from Uncle Jon...

ISO (In search of) said...

Yes, Alex. It is actual and factual that Boudreaux's Butt Past DOES exist. Probably invented by a dad. No offense. Just seems like a name a guy would give it. After all mommies use words like tushie, bumm, sweet cheeks, etc. :D