Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. She's a really special woman. She was at the end of the drive waiting for my daughter to get off the bus when I got home from work today. She's always there for me when I need her. I wished her a happy birthday. She informed me a (upscale nursery/florist) truck had arrived earlier at her house (she lives behind me). I commented that it must have been the work of my little brother, and his wife and silently prayed to God that I would not be jealous at their clever scheme to brighten Mom's day. Now it's not that I forgot my mom's b-day or anything that drastic. It's just that the present I chose has not arrived yet. Therefore she will not delight in it on her actual birthday. Just in case any of you were thinking I was horrible enough to forget such a special occasion.

We gathered my little girl and walked to my house. She chatted for a bit and skipped on home. She called me about fifteen minutes later. I figure that was about long enough to take in every bloom on this...

but it wasn't from whom I had expected. Worse!! It was from my far far far away sister! The one so many miles away I don't even think Michael Phelps could make it there without stopping first--I don't think he could anyway. I mean but he's fast so maybe. No, no. Even he couldn't.

So I was instructed to make my way down there lickity split to lay my eyes on the beauties. (Actually I was instructed to e-mail lil sis immediately and let her know they were lovely) I thought what better way to let her know then to post it here.

Aren't they lovely?

I mean look really close...
I just love daisies. Every color of daisies. I think lil sis did this to rub it in. Well, maybe not. I mean my mom is a special person. And she loves flowers. EVERY flower. My life is better because of her and she deserves all the treasures anyone wants to bestow upon her.

My mom. Not a day over...well...let's just say. She's very young for her age. Happy Birthday Mom! (I'd post a picture but I'm an amateur blogger. It creeps me out a bit--even if I do enjoy looking at everybody else's nice families) Trust me though. She's beautiful. And young. For her age.


2 comments:

lilsis said...

Thanks, Midsis, I'm glad they came. There better had been a box of chocolates too. I paid extra for chocolates. Seriously, were there chocolates? Hmmm, suddenly I'm craving chocolate. If I were there, I bet you'd bake me something chocolate...and it would taste good too. Later. I gotta go find something chocolate to bake in my weirdo celcius oven. Love you. A box is coming your way....it's not chocolates.

ISO (In search of) said...

Um. No chocolates. And NO I did NOT eat them. I swear. Honest. A box? Coming my way? Oh I'm so excited. Wait. Is it for me? It IS for me right? :D