Sunday, January 25, 2009

Eco What?

I finally got to go the the Anthropologie store that I keep hearing so much about. I now know I am not in the same class as some of my blogging friends. (Hopefully they won't hold that against me)

Wow. Beautiful stuff but not at my kind of prices. I fell in love with a beautiful mocha sundress and mocha sweater to go over it. Oh and let's not forget the beautiful head piece that went with it. Fortunately for me they don't sell my clothing size--yet. Or else I would have bought that just on a splurging whim.

My children were fascinated with these little spheres they had on display at the checkout counter. I have to say they were really cute. I explained to the kids that they were NOT for sale but rather "conversational pieces". Imagine my surprise when the sales woman exclaimed indeed they WERE for sale. "Yes, these eco-friendly ecosystems ARE for sale!" She went on to try and tell me how they last for up to 12 years and if you consider how much food and care goes into maintaining a pet how much of a bargain these were. Hack hack cough cough.

Check these ecoSpheres out for yourself. Yes, a bargain. Only one hundred and forty-eight dollars each! Um, did I mention they were little breakable glass balls? And that I know for certain my children would wish to carry them from room to room? Yes, suffice it to say that was more than a wee bit rich for my blood.

I did manage to find a very beautiful apron. Thank you so much Jennifer for your contest. My grandma always wore aprons but all of the ones I inherited from her are skirts only. I tend to drop a lot on my upper half. I am so excited about this cutie (as seen modeled by my favorite little girl in the world).

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Love your apron! That's one of my favorite things at their store. I guess I should've told you to steer clear of the clothing section. It only makes me heartsick. I have more luck in the housewares section. They have good sales on those things. Great choice!

Mainly a midwife said...

Yea can I just say that one of those Ecospheres would last about 20 minutes in my house. Bye bye shrimp and algae.