Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday

We now return to your regularly scheduled program...

Ah, I've missed Thankful Thursday. I need it more than I can say. A time to remember what I have--not what I have not. A time to reflect on positives. Not negatives. I challenge you to think of just ten things you can be thankful for. Feel free to post them here. For me thinking of them is not hard. Sharing them is the part I get lazy on.

1. My family. Each one unique and different. There is never a dull moment.
2. Time. It heals all. (remember I believe in the eternity)
3. Distance. It helps me choose love over gnashing of teeth sometimes.
4. Eyes. God gave me a good set of them. Sometimes I even take Him at His word and look around to see the good He has done, and take in the beauty of His world. Like this morning's sky--which my poor camera can only see this way...
To see it through my eyes (at 443am this morning) The sky was not quite black but had an orange-ish hue. The silhouette of leaf-bare trees complemented the bright ball of beauty. Thank you God for the simple pleasures of waking to scenes such as this.
5. I'm thankful for days when all I really have scheduled is playing with my kids. As a working mom they sometimes get lost in the madness of the work and home balance. But aren't Legos just the bomb?
Oh and that future pilot SO creative. Check out his plane (he took this picture--I see photography in his future).
Me? I'll never stop dreaming of building homes (complete with a comfy couch and fireplace).
7. I'm thankful that I'm past the stage in my life where I feel I face the world alone. This was a "me" original from my teen years. If you know God you are definitely NEVER alone and He will always put help in your path when you need it most. Can I hear an amen?
8. I'm so very thankful that I don't feel the need to tout most of these types of "flare" anymore. Really. What was I thinking? Hey parents--MOST KIDS DO GROW OUT OF IT!!!
9. I'm thankful that I have readers. I take great delight in knowing that there are other people out there and that they've felt comfortable enough to open up to me. It's exciting to know that when I get to heaven on that appointed day I'll be able to look across the vastness and say, "Well hello there good and faithful blogger--nice to meet you in person." (Don't judge me for being corny. Heavens a safe place to meet!)
10. And last but not least I am thankful for God's word. I have to admit I'm not a faithful reader but God still gets His message to me in the most creative ways. Take for instance the following verse I found while cleaning out my desk at work!

"You will make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
-Psalm 16:11


So thank you to God, of course, all else will fail you. Not on purpose all the time. Take time to remember that people are human. They were put on the earth to be needy. I truly believe that we have a jealous God and He wants us to need Him. We just get confused sometimes and think we are in pursuit of someone or something else.


Have a blessed Thursday folks.

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

OK, this is completely off the subject, but I just saw that you have Robin Hood and Lil' John on your playlist. That is without a doubt one of my favorite songs in the world. It makes me happy. I'm going to go post my Thankfuls now.

ISO (In search of) said...

I love it too. My mom was talking about Roger Miller the other day and I immediately thought of him--and then had to go add a few songs of his.

Way cool that you love it as much as me!