Saturday, January 10, 2009

Game Night...

Thursday night my daughter asked me, as I was tucking her in, if we could play some games the next night. Because we never play games together. So I planned a game night for us Friday night.

First up was Battleship. Complete with snacks. Healthy. Because Daddy was bringing home subs and pizza in a bit.
My favorite little girl in the world plays a mean game of Battleship.
Here was my chart way into the game. As you can see I was not doing well. I was getting pretty discouraged. Surely I should have a hit by now. I was feeling quite sure no armed forces unit would want me on THEIR boat with my pitiful homing skills.
But wait. Hmmm. Just LOOK at all that white! Wait look closer! Now I am positive both the enemy and I had the same number of ships. Oh and that they were all the same sizes. And that ONE of those boats is five pegs long. Hmmm, does anyone else notice that I have NO spaces that have five pegs in length and ZERO red pegs signifying a hit? Interesting. Me thinks the enemy is playing dirty. (Or hasn't yet learned how to play this game.)
Moving on...This one is always a good time. She's pretty good at putting those words together. GNU is the game.
She was wearing me out but talked me into one more selection. Sight word bingo. How could I resist? I mean it was another skill builder after all!
Notice the clothes change? A short break for vittles resulted in a juice spill hence the new wardrobe.
We had a good time. I think we'll be doing this again real soon. Maybe it will keep her occupied so I'm not watching her in scenes like this. (Though the ending was pretty good)

Marry Me

1 comment:

Just A Girl said...

Good times, good times. Game nights are a blast. Too few and far between.