Thursday, January 8, 2009

I've Been Tagged!

I was tagged by a delightful, fairly, sweet, positive, fairly new blogger lady, Casey to post ten things about me. Wow!!! An excuse to talk about ME! (Like I've ever needed one before) Anyway, I'm delighted. Try not to fall asleep reading them.

(First the rules)
Honest Scrap Award Rules
When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!

Ten things about me.

1. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one NOT reading Twilight. Mostly because I'm not sure God would approve and also because I get in trouble with the family when I veg out for more than 10 minutes at a time. GOOD READS DEFINITELY CAUSE ME TO VEG OUT FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES AT A TIME!!!
2. I'm left handed.
3. I'm a middle child. Older sister. Older brother. Younger sister. Younger brother.
4. I used to sing in a folk group at a Catholic church that consisted of no more than five people at a time.
5. I now would be petrified if asked to sing in my church choir that consists of no less than 20 people.
6. My favorite children's author has always been Hans Christian Andersen. Even though most of his stories didn't end with the uplifting finishes we usually see in the movies.
7. I tried to make the Pioneer Woman's chocolate milk syrup and messed it up. Twice. ( On a happy note I now have a happy replacement for Starbuck's discontinued Chantico. Not something I need to be indulging in.)
8. I would rather be a stay at home mom. Not because I think the job is easier but because I wish I could say "I" was THERE for every possible moment of my childrens' life.
9. In my dream world I would not awake before 6 am. I do only because I want to be home for as much of my kids' waking moments (and because I hate walking FAR FAR FAR from my car to my job).
10. I've never been to New York City.

There. Not the most wildly creative things but hey, it's like after 5 in the morning and I should be out the door already.

So, I'm begging and pleading these folks to carry on. I've been faithful readers of their blogs for some time.

1. April Showers
2. The Country Doctor's Wife
3. Life With The Stanfords
4. Gitz
5. Mud and Coffee
6. Mabel's House
7. Blessings Times Two

There. Wasn't that neat? Go post.

2 comments:

Anita J. said...

Thanks for the tag! I am so bad at following up on tags. I think I'm gonna try to make a post to cover the last three times I have been tagged. It will require lots of dedication to read, I think. That would be a long one!

I have never been to New York either. What would you want to do if you went there, besides Statue of Liberty?

Liz Harrell said...

I'll say a prayer today that God will allow you to stay home with your children. I dont have any, but if I did... I'm pretty sure I'd want to 'be there' too.

You sound like a fantastic mom, no matter if you work or stay home!