Friday, January 2, 2009

Thank God It's Friday!

I had this theme of doing Thankful Thursday and I have kind of blown it the past two weeks. I promise to get back on schedule next week. I certainly never run out of things to be thankful for but I have been quite lazy in the computer world lately. Don't hate me. I've been very busy putting my home in order.

Last Sunday I was supposed to go on a hayride with the kids and some good friends but my daughter was feeling queasy in the stomach and since she had adorned my carpet early in the morning with three shades of vomit I decided we needed to sit this one out. So instead I set her up on a computer to register her very first Webkins pet. Me? Well, I went up with the rug shampooer and proceeded to try and do a better job of ridding the carpet of her regurgitated dinner. (Oh I really hope you aren't enjoying dinner while reading my blog by the way. If you are I apologize) I have to say there is nothing romantic about cleaning chunks off the carpet with your sweetie at 330 in the morning. However, it makes you appreciate that you aren't doing it alone.

After I finished with the carpet I reorganized my pantry, and my broom closet. If you will recall my pantry needed quite an overhaul. Since our Brownie troop is going into full swing food pantry donating this month it was easy for me to say we didn't need 10 of this or 15 of that. I felt good. My pantry today is a much more organized place (and so is the broom closet).

Yesterday my favorite little girl in the world opened up her salon and decked me out for the new year. Aren't my nails just FAAAAAB-U-lous?!!!

Today I went to work and had every intention of working out afterwards but ended up staying later than planned. Then I stopped by the mall to pick up the jacket Santa had promised my favorite first born son for Christmas. It was a bit pricey and I have to say I was nervous leaving the store with it for fear I might be mugged. As I grabbed my Starbucks latte and watched all of the people going by with their designer clothes and super expensive handbags, I felt very inferior in my jeans, that are wearing to the skin thin on the inner legs. Please try not to picture that.

Something I realized though, is that if I don't go to the mall I don't feel like "inferior" quite as much. I don't need those things to be happy. Note to self for 2009 STAY AWAY from the MATERIALISTIC FLASHY MALL. I probably should give up the 4 dollar coffee too. That is going to be a bit harder so I think I'll save that for 2010. Okay?

Oh but I should mention that I did win a blog contest over at Jennifer's place and I get to go shopping at Anthropology on someone else's dime! Thank you SOOOO much Jennifer. YOU ROCK. (And she does. That woman is ahMAZING.)

I got home and made dinner. My lovely "never need a repairman" refrigerator is on the fritz for the second time since we purchased it just 8 short years ago. I had to go to Iceland to retrieve the green beans...pick in hand I was able to dislodge them from this mess without puncturing the fridge. Thank you God for that.
I made a delicious dinner for my family. These were a hit, though hubby was a bit freaked out that I "mixed" evil sweet potatoes in with his redskin potatoes. Not a yam fan that one.

I hate meatloaf. My hubby and daughter love it. I try hard to make it paletable so "I" can stomach it. This time I added instant rice, onion soup mix, worcestire sauce, ketchup, hamburger seasoning, and garlic powder to it.
It wasn't a hit. :( "I" liked it. I think there was too much "stuff" in it for them. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Tomorrow I take down the Christmas decorations. That always makes me sad. I love Christmas and all the decorations and twinkly lights. This year I'm in a hurry though because between the future pilot, RC, and Dora my ornaments are dwindling! I'm finding ornaments all over the house! Some of them not salvageable! So, before I have nothing left, it's time to tuck them back in their hiding places for another year. Sniff sniff wah. Oh but get a load of this beauty I splurged on and bought for ME on Christmas eve!!!!

Happy 2009!

No comments: