Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Can Things Get Any Easier?

I was diligent. I worked hard. I took baby steps. And took them often. I organized and planned and didn't stress. I planned simplicity and it worked! As the night draws to a close my kitchen floor is mopped--and no my mommy didn't do it for me this time. I did it all by myself. On my hands and knees. Every inch as well as the hall and bathroom. It's the only way a floor should be cleaned if you ask me. Mops just tend to push all the clumpy stuff you miss with the broom into the corners to become fossilized "things" to be found later by some teeny toddler.

As I was on my hands and knees scraping something blue off the floor my little brother, the father to baby A and baby B, phoned. He was looking for a turkey. I told him I was taken. I told him mine was defrosting in the fridge. He was stoked. He very cheerily said, "I need it! Can I have it? I want to cook it!" Psssh. Who was I to argue? After all the theme this year is simplicity! So after I finished the floor and fed the family I carted Mr. Turkey Lurkey over to his house. He promises me it will taste just like the turkey legs at Hershey Park. I. Can't. Wait. Yum!

Oh and I got to steal a few baby snuggles while there. Those guys are just too precious. Their big sister played with the future pilot. Those two are becoming great pals. I'm loving it.

So, I get to go to bed early tonight. No turkey to brine. I discovered I have not one but TWO packages of prepared pie crust so the pies will be a cinch tomorrow. I prefer them warm so I really would rather make them tomorrow.

My to do list for the morning? Is delightfully shorter. Oh I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: