Monday, November 23, 2009

Counting Down

It is Monday, late, which means I only have two more days to get ready for the Thanksgiving feast at my house. I've hosted before so I'm no newbie. My usual drawback is procrastinating. I feel relatively at peace right now. You see I'm trying a different approach this time--oh and my kids are older and not attached to my chest. That definitely makes things easier--especially when you have things to remove from the oven.

Delight: Aside from vacuuming and maybe pulling down the valances to wash them the house is relatively clean right now. Oh wait, I need to scrub the kitchen floor and lay down the new rugs.

Dilemma: I was certain I had china settings for 16 but discovered only this evening that it's only for 8. That's what happens when you pack china away for 14 years and never use it. You I forget important details like that. What to do what to do?

Delight: I got to take care of Baby A and Baby B. Sorry, no pictures. I was too busy kissing their sweet pumpkin heads and staring at their laughing little mouths. (Proof it has been far too long since I'd seen them--laughing was new!)

Dilemma: I'm dog tired and ready for bed but I gotta post. I promised.

Delight: The house is peaceful and the kids and hubby didn't subject me to watching the Star Trek movie with them.

Delight: I'm giddy and happy. Babies, expected company, and a clean house do that for me.

No comments: