Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Want.

I want one of these...

really bad. I've wanted one for several years but am too cheap to buy it. I've never owned a stand mixer in my life because I can't justify it. I just can't. I price them and just feel like I'm being totally materialistic. I have a hand mixer that I never use because it's so weak that it smells like an electrical fire is about the break out when it has to deal with anything other than runny cake batter. So. Instead. I want. And mix by hand.

I want...
and actually had one of these on order. Thankfully the dealership made me wait just long enough to realize that now isn't the time. So I want.

I want...
but alas again I can not will not justify the cost. I've challenged myself to become debt free. Until then my budget isn't going to be eaten up or ebbed away in buying things that I can do without. So no more things until the things that are already here are put away neatly. No more things until I can pay outright cash for them and know exactly what purpose they will have and for how long. So things need to stay out of my way. Or they are going to be crushed when I step right over top of them and say, "Poo poo to you. I've got a budget to do."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I want your self control. I say the exact same thing to myself while I'm looking at my budget .. then I see something I CANNOT live without. I've actually had my credit card in hand before only to walk away at the 11th hour. And, honestly, when my bank statement comes in, and I actually have a little money left at the end of the month - I'm glad I did.

Just A Girl said...

Thanks for the encouragement!I really do need it. I have to tell you that the KitchenAid mixer might not be a splurge. I've had mine for over 10 years and it hasn't broken a sweat. It's the most beloved kitchen appliance I have. Also, on the iPhone...I would buy one tomorrow if Jade would let me. His is amazing. Did you see the ad the other night for the "Car Finder App"? It will make your car honk at you in the parking lot so you can find it. Seriously!!! Also, we lost our Roku remote for months and we were able to use the iPhone as the remote control - I kid you not! OK, that was no help. Sorry.