Friday, November 27, 2009

Chillin'

Black Friday. On this day a lot of folks bolted off to the stores to catch great deals and fight crowds. I'm pooped. I took the day to recover from lack of sleep and a long day of visiting and eating.

It was nice to just spend the day resting. The kids were well behaved--maybe they are exhausted too. It is now 7:44pm and they seem to have gotten a wind. No matter, "the Law" is home from work now so I have an ally if they get out of control.

Tomorrow I will be heading out to a friend's to put together a centerpiece for our Christmas table. She is so very talented and instead of making the many she usually does, has decided to share her gift of know-how with us. It should be a lot of fun.

I have a few more days before I have to go back to work. It's time for more lists and a few good books. Nothing too strenuous or stressful. Nope. Just a little bit of kicking back before the next flurry of holiday activity picks up.

Special note to my unexpected overnight guests: Thank you so much for staying. It was a special treat for all of us. And to my sis-in-law who came over this morning with the happiest little girl on the planet and baby A. Hugs to you. What a heartwarming Friday you made it.

No comments: