Monday, November 9, 2009

Mondays

I think I've said it before. Mondays are the days I stay home and pretend I'm a stay at home mommy. Although I'm not quite sure it's a fair shot at being a stay at home mommy. Here was my schedule today:

630 - Woke up 2 hours later than I do on my work days
700 - Showered and dressed
740 - Gave the almost always up on her own daughter a wake-up call
745 - Woke up the future pilot and dressed him for school
800 - Carried the future pilot downstairs, dosed him with medicine to keep the dribbly nose at bay, offered instant breakfast (he refused), brushed his hair, teeth and ordered him to get his shoes on
810 - Shoe'd daughter back upstairs to change out of her shorts into jeans
812 - Brushed daughter's hair and listened to her snort in disdain for NOT being allowed to wear shorts
815 - Reminded daughter I could not take her to school because I had to take the car to the repair shop
817 - Consoled a disheveled daughter who was dangerously close to missing the bus and promised her that I would be home before her bus came so at least I could see her HOME from school
822 - Hollered up to hubby that he'd have to find a way to take daughter to school because she has now missed the bus
825 - Wiped daughter's tears and gave her an extra kiss
826 - Headed out the door with the future pilot and arrived to school 8 minutes late, without his backpack

and THAT was just my morning. Tell me SAHM's, is it just because I'm an amateur? Or is this par for the course?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAH! Oh, I should have seen the bus thing coming when I read the about the snorting. I should have known it was going to be one of those mornings.