Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday Snippets

My day started at 7am. It's when the Advil wore off and left my right shoulder blade feeling like it was wrenched in two and my arm numb. I don't like the discomfort but I fear if not for pain I would lie in bed all day some days being lazy.

We had things to do today. Gifts to get to be delivered tomorrow through our church and grocery shopping. We had a short time line because we had a super cool invite to make Christmas centerpieces in the afternoon.

I was her former babysitter as a teen. She and her husband took turns teaching me to drive and she taught me to parallel park in the parking lot just hours before I took my test. She's been in my life for years. I love her. Every year since I first had a home to call my own she's been making me Christmas centerpieces. She's been making them for a LOT of people. This year she decided to have a party and teach us how to make our own. It was awesome.

She provided the greens, ribbon, oasis, container, and candle. She offered her talent in the form of instruction. She gave us tips and such to make them perfect and personal. It was such an awesome idea. I actually got to spend time in her company and not the hustle and bustle of gift drop off/pick up. I'll cherish it.

I was nervous because "the Law" was working today and my precious mama has prayer meeting on Saturdays. I could not imagine how I'd keep the complaints of the little people to a minimum. Oh how God works things out.


See?

The future pilot was very patient for a couple of hours. Then he found a buddy. All was well.

There were a lot of productive hands working...

And in the end we brought two home.

My favorite little girl in the world is created this one...

And here is mine.


What a fun day.

No comments: